Other Available Downloads
- Bug fix: Microsoft installer (MSI) now available as PALSetup2.7.7*.zip under Downloads section.
- Bug fix: Fixed a bug referring to CollectionOfProcessorPercentProcessorTime and "Unexpected token 'All.Count' in expression or statement."
- Threshold file update: The SQL Server 2014 threshold file was updated with a fix to "Analysis SQLServer:Resource Pool Stats Used memory (KB) was not iterating properly" by Pedro Lopes.
- Bug fix: Exported templates failed on Windows 10. Fixed.
- Collection: Please consider using the PAL Collector script to create data collector sets. It is part of the PAL tool (sub folder of the installation folder) and from http://aka.ms/PalCollector.
- Bug fix: Fixed a terminating error in MSExchange Replication CopyQueueLength in the Exchange2010.xml threshold file.
- Update: Updated threshold files for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and Microsoft SQL Server 2014 by David Pless and Pedro Lopes.
Probably a great tool, however I could not install it.
Contrary to the statement in the Readme.txt file, the MSI file is missing from the package and I cannot install it.
Also, I tried running PALWizard.exe without actually running the MSI (as I didn't get the MSI in the ZIp file), and the wizard caption shows v2.7.5 (as oppsed to the expected v2.7.6). I suspect it is only cosmetic, however it makes me wonder whether it contains the bug fix and update.
UPDATE: Granted 5-Stars due to the fact that I simply ran the PALWizard.exe tool after installing the prerequisites and extracting the files. It ran flawlessly and provided me with a wealth of information. While documentation and instructions can benefit from some updating, at the end of the day it is a free tool into which some generous folk have put a lot of time into to help the community, and it enabled me to lay down some hard cold figures in front of decision makers in support of my claims of poor system performance.
Awesome tool, looking forward to have some templates for failover clustering and storage, including SOFS.
on Jul 25 at 9:21 PM
This install works fine. Please mind the reviews below are for older versions (look at the date).
on Nov 3 at 4:35 PM
To the folks mentioning missing MSI files. You can unzip and run the exe normally. We're working to address the msi installer at a later day apologies.
on Aug 4 at 3:55 PM
Thank you for this great app!
on Jul 27 at 5:45 PM
Where can I find the previous release? This one is not working! Missing msi!
on Jul 23 at 11:18 AM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.