PAL v2.0 Alpha 4
Other Available Downloads
- Added Threshold Files: This alpha release contains thresholds files of some of the major Microsoft products (AD, Exchange, SQL, IIS, and SharePoint), but the thresholds are not functional yet except for operating system thresholds. The thresholds for the major products will be added in a later release. In the meantime, these threshold files will provide statistics and charts of the critical counters in reach threshold file.
- Installer Check for MS Chart Controls: The installer now checks if the Microsoft Chart Controls for .NET Framework v3.5 (required) is installed. If not, it will point you to the download location.
- PowerShell Strict-Mode: The PAL.ps1 PowerShell script has been set to Strict-Mode version 2. Thank you to Jeffrey Snover (original creator of PowerShell) for guidance on this.
- Category list fix: Removed empty categories from the report.
- Duplicate Analyses: Fixed a bug where the same analysis would show up multiple times in unrelated categories.
- HTML Local Tags Fixed: Non-Internet Explorer browsers failed to work with the HTML report. This fix should allow them to work. Thank you to Hal Rottenberg (PowerScripting Podcast host). See or listen to the podcast at http://powerscripting.wordpress.com/2010/01/10/episode-97-clint-huffman-and-his-pal-project.
- Analysis Interval fixed: If anything other than AUTO was chosen in the analysis interval field, then the tool would fail. This has been fixed.
- Output Directory fixed: Fixed a bug where the PAL Wizard did not pass the OutputDir argument properly.
- Duplicate Charts fixed: Fixed a bug where PAL.ps1 was creating duplicate charts.
- DateTime Restriction Feature Added: Added the Date Time restriction feature. It is working in the PAL Wizard UI and in the PAL.ps1 script.
This tool is what I'm being looking for over the last two years. Tahnk you very much.
on Mar 26, 2010 at 12:16 PM
Making geat progress. some issues with large data sizes. PAL 1.36 has no issues with a 700MB .blg from a SQL 2000 box (finishes in about 1hr:15min), but PAL 2.0 B4 did not finish in four days. Not sure what the issue was, but had to roll back for now.
on Mar 16, 2010 at 3:32 PM
Great progress has been made on this. Well worth investigating, can't wait for the release!
on Feb 24, 2010 at 6:03 AM
Great tool that uses the power of PowerShell.
on Feb 8, 2010 at 9:50 PM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.