How to Include all counters in report?

Jul 4, 2014 at 2:25 AM
Hi,

I have been using the template 'Microsoft SQL server 2008 /R2' but wanted to add a few extra counters which I did in Perfmon. When I run the analysis on the file I select the original threshold file from 'threshold file title' and on the 'Output options ' tab select 'Process all of the counters on the counter log(s)'. When the report is generated I notice that some of the counters I have selected do not show up in the report eg \System\Processor Queue Length

Is there an option I am missing or am I going about this the wrong way?

Thanks
Gavin
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Processor Queue Length is used in some of the existing analyses, so it is likely not showing it separately because of that.
The best option is to add the counter path to the threshold file as its own analysis. Do this by clicking the Edit button next to the threshold file selection, adding the analysis, saving the file to the Desktop folder, and then overwriting the original file in the PAL installation folder with the updated file. I have a blog entry on how to create and edit threshold files at http://blogs.technet.com/b/clinth/archive/2013/01/08/how-to-create-a-threshold-file-for-the-pal-tool.aspx.