Unhandled Exception when opening PAL

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Edited Jan 21, 2014 at 9:19 PM
I am getting the following unhandled exception when opening PAL - is it trying to reference files on Clint's skydrive?

PAL 2.4 x64
Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1

************** Exception Text **************
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at PALWizard.frmPALExecutionWizard.RefreshAnalysisCollectionSection(Boolean bForce) in C:\Users\Clint Huffman\Documents\SkyDrive\Projects\PAL2\PALWizard\frmPALExecutionWizard.vb:line 401
at PALWizard.frmPALExecutionWizard.ComboBoxAnalysisCollection_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Clint Huffman\Documents\SkyDrive\Projects\PAL2\PALWizard\frmPALExecutionWizard.vb:line 298
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at PALWizard.frmPALExecutionWizard.ThresholdFilePageRefresh() in C:\Users\Clint Huffman\Documents\SkyDrive\Projects\PAL2\PALWizard\frmPALExecutionWizard.vb:line 267
at PALWizard.frmPALExecutionWizard.frmPALExecutionWizard_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Clint Huffman\Documents\SkyDrive\Projects\PAL2\PALWizard\frmPALExecutionWizard.vb:line 106
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Jan 22, 2014 at 11:34 PM
No. PAL is not going to my personal SkyDrive. That just happens to be the local file path on my laptop where the source code is located. The error is simply showing me or whoever which source code files are involved in the failure. Are you able to get past the error if you close and restart the PAL Wizard? What activity are you doing at the time of the error?

Thank you,
Jan 23, 2014 at 10:20 PM
It's occurring when I first open PAL and does not go away by closing and reopening.

Feb 4, 2014 at 6:05 AM
Based on the error, it is just trying to create a new form window. I don't know how to fix this other than trying to reinstall the tool and trying it on another computer.