HTML Report File Name ...

Oct 6, 2008 at 8:34 AM
Edited Oct 6, 2008 at 9:08 AM
Hi Clint,

I am absolutely in love with this tool. Thank you for doing this great job.
I am using this tool on a weekly basis - to analyse a performance of 7 servers, all with different config and purpose. I also had to customize PAL Thresholds according to our needs. There are two things I would like to point out for your attention:

1. Possibly bug:
When I go through the wizard I am also changing the default location and default file name for the report. Because I am doing it for all 7 servers I am choosing an option to "add more items..." on the last tab. When I reach "Output Option" for the next server all options are preserved from the previous one - which is very good, so, I leave it unchanged. But, as it turned out only first selected server will have a report with my customized file name, all others will be with default name. You can also spot it on the "Queue" tab before executing.
So, a current workaround is to rewrite file name for every server. I use a short variant of it - "[LogFileName].htm"

2. Possible feature
This would be great to have a feature which will allow you to save your current session. Because we use it on a weekly basis and with 7 servers at once, the only thing we will need to change next week is actual counter log file names and not to go through every single server wizard, questions, analysis intervals, etc.

Thank you one more time for you great work

Tech Support
Oct 7, 2008 at 4:29 AM

Thank you for the feedback! This makes it all worth it. :-)

1. I'll look into this and reply back. Thanks for reporting it.

2. In v2.0, I'm considering computer and computer group profiles to allow better reuse. Thanks for mentioning it, so I know how important the feature is. In the meantime, you should try using batch files. If you go to the %temp% directory and locate one of the {GUID}_RunPAL.bat files, then you can modify them. This is what I do when I have a lot of repetitve work to do.

Thank you! :-)