sql threshold file is missing in latest pal version.

Jun 26, 2012 at 4:25 PM

in earlier version there was a sql 2005&2008 threshold file. i updated my pal tool to 2.3.1 and now its not their anymore. is the sql threshold file removed.

Jun 27, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Ah, you caught me. I accidentally published the SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2 threshold file too soon. It is still under active development by David Pless and I, but needs more testing. I reverted the threshold file last night in a silent update hoping it would go unnoticed. For that, I am sorry. Be assured that we will have it out soon. If you have an urgent need for it, then please let us know and we will see what we can do. Thank you for keeping such a close eye on the project.

Jun 27, 2012 at 10:23 AM

i found an old threshold file in my backups from an old installation. i believe it was from 2.2.x. it worked with this version but dont know if the information is accurate. i will download the latest an update my PAL. and rerun analyze. thanks for the quick reply.

Jun 28, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Yes, the new SQL threshold file that you came across works with PAL 2.x, but it has inaccuracies. I discourage the use of it until we can get a it finalized. We have some new things planned for it. :-)