Counters not showing in report

Jun 9, 2008 at 7:40 PM
Newbie here so bear with me. I ran Perfmon on a server with the following 5 counters - Memory/available MB, memory/pages\sec, physical disk/% disk time,physical disk/avg disk queue length and processor/%processor time. I viewed the .blg file in Performance Monitor to make sure the data for all five counters was there. I choose the file in PAL, choose the All Thresholds Combined template,Auto Analysis Interval and generate. In the HTML report there is information and a graph for the processor and memory counters but nothing for the physical disk counters. I edited the template and added the physical disk counters with the same result. What am I missing ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !
Aug 9, 2008 at 5:27 AM
It should have processed it. The output in the command window and/or log will tell you the counters that each analysis matched on and if any counters are missing it will mention which ones it was expecting. This is because some of the analysis require more than one counter to process. In the case of the counters that you mentioned, each of those should process stand alone. If you post the latest %temp%\{GUID}PAL.log file, then that will help.