Upgraded from v1.3.6 to v2.0.4

Oct 12, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Hello,

In my previous perfmon system, it was PAL v1.3.6. It generates daily report with a VBS file that extracts data from perfmon, then transfer the format from .blg to .MHTML. However, I upgraded the PAL version to v2.0.4, it doesn't work.

Would you like to tell me why? How can I fix it? THanks a lot. 

Oct 14, 2010 at 2:49 AM

Hello,

I found one more question in my perfmon system. I will so glad that if there are someone can help me.

In PAL v1.3.6, my perfmon system uses a VBS file in task scheduler to generate a daily report in html format everyday.

But now, in PAL v2.0.4, is that cannot run with VBS but powershell? Is there any source for my reference?

Thanks a lot. If you need more information, please free feel to contract me.  

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2010 at 6:50 AM

PAL v1.x created an HTML or XML file as output. PAL v2.x also creates HTML or XML output. Can you elaborate as to the error you are getting?

Yes, PAL v1.x uses a PAL.vbs (VBScript) file. PAL v2.x uses PAL.ps1 (PowerShell) file.

Oct 15, 2010 at 7:19 AM

Thank you for your reply.

In my system, there is a vbs file as a daily task located in task scheduler. In this vbs file, it calls the PAL.vbs of PAL v1.3.6 to generate the daily report as html format.

But now , I would like to upgrade the version to 2.0.4. There is a problem that it uses ps1 file, it cannot work in my past vbs file.

Any suggestion or reference can fix it?

Beside, if I don't update the version and remain use v.1.x, is there any problem?   

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Your VBScript file would need to execute the PAL.ps1 file as if it was a normal command. You need to use the WScript.Shell object and have it call the Execute method to execute PAL.ps1 file under the PowerShell.exe.