Script to launch - Setup - Autocreate Perfmons

Feb 26, 2008 at 9:28 PM
Edited Feb 26, 2008 at 9:28 PM
Hi Clint

You stated on your Livemeeting you had a script that would create Perfmons and auto create on multiple servers.

I use the following command to start Perfmon remotely
logman start -s \\Server dailyperflog

To Stop Perfmon
logman stop -s \\Server dailyperflog
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2008 at 12:24 AM
Correct. Under the installation directory of PAL is a directory called "PerfmonLogScripts". There you will find some VBScripts that create log files. CreateAndStartPerfmonLogs.vbs will create many perfmon logs remotely. All of these scripts are simply using the Logman.exe commands similar to the command syntax you are already using.

everettlewis wrote:
Hi Clint

You stated on your Livemeeting you had a script that would create Perfmons and auto create on multiple servers.

To Stop Perfmon

Feb 28, 2008 at 1:48 AM
Hi Clint
Thanks for the fast reply, what version of the software is this directory in.

I have downloaded
Ver 1.19
Ver 1.2
Ver 1.3 none have this directory.

Coordinator
Feb 29, 2008 at 3:59 AM
The scripts have been there since v1.1.7, so all of the versions you mentioned should have them. I had some trouble with the installer with the first release of v1.3 beta. It was inadvertanly installing to the root of C: drive... oops. ;-). I fixed it, so try downloading v1.3 again. Sorry about this trouble. It's just me writing this thing during my free time.

everettlewis wrote:
Hi Clint

To Stop Perfmon