What's new in v1.1 and greater
This version features serveral major updates. A GUI interface has been added (PAL.exe) to help with batch processing multiple perfmon logs and a GUI editor is added to help with editing and creating PAL threshold files. Several bug fixes have been made to this version such as localization of the thousands separator and decimal point. The core processing engine is still VBScript, but .NET Framework v2.0 is needed to run the GUI portion only - meaning the PAL.vbs script will run without the .NET Framework v2.0. In addition, this version was written with processing on Windows Vista in mind.
Questions, Problems, or Feedback:
- New threshold files (IIS, Active Directory, and SQL Server)
- It is now, Windows Vista security (UAC) friendly.
- A new GUI interface for batch processing of multiple perfmon logs.
- A new GUI editor for PAL threshold files.
- A MOSS/SharePoint threshold file has been created.
- A Microsoft Exchange Server threshold file has been created complements of Mike Lagase (email@example.com)
- An updated BizTalk 2006 threshold file.
- An updated System Overview (generic Windows) threshold file.
- Added Standard deviation, 90th, 80th, and 70th percentiles to the PAL report statistics for each analysis.
- The SystemOverview threshold file has been updated with System Cache trend thresholds and a few I/O base thresholds.
- Added a feature where XML input can be used in addition to command line arguments.
- Added a feature where XML output can be created.
- Added a feature where HTML output can be suppressed - used if you only want XML output.
Please post to the Discussions section of the web site, email PALTool@microsoft.com
, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org