PAL 2.0 Disabled Buttons

Dec 17, 2009 at 3:59 AM

I'm learning to like this tool and see a lot of possibilities for it in my future. Unfortunately, I've always found PerfMon and its latest iterations a little less than intuitive in their use. While getting started with PAL 2, I noticed that the export and edit functions are not available (grayed out). Am I experiencing a bug or is this too early in the Alpha to expect them to be working?

Also note that the tool only installed System Overview and Quick System Overview were the only templates available when I first installed the tool. After repeated installs and copying the XML files from 1.3.5, they finally became available in the template list. I'd like to now turn my attention to setting threshold files up and was hoping to use the editor as described in the version 1.2 help file.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Greg Chapman

Coordinator
Dec 17, 2009 at 3:45 PM

The disabled buttons are on purpose. This version is still under development and those features are not ready yet because PAL v2.0 is a complete re-write.

Do not use the threshold files from PAL v1.x. PAL v2.0 is a complete re-write and PAL v1.x threshold files are incompatibile with PAL v2.0. If you use them , you will see processing failures. This is why it only has Quick System Overview and System Overview for now. We are in progress of converting the existing threshold file in PAL v1.x to PAL v2.0.

Dec 18, 2009 at 1:56 AM

I suspected that might be the case. I'm willing to try to help (and I'll let you judge whether inexperienced help is truly helpful) .

Greg Chapman

Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:32 PM
To: greg@mousetrax.com
Subject: Re: PAL 2.0 Disabled Buttons [PAL:78398]

The disabled buttons are on purpose. This version is still under development and those features are not ready yet because PAL v2.0 is a complete re-write.

Do not use the threshold files from PAL v1.x. PAL v2.0 is a complete re-write and PAL v1.x threshold files are incompatibile with PAL v2.0. If you use them , you will see processing failures. This is why it only has Quick System Overview and System Overview for now. We are in progress of converting the existing threshold file in PAL v1.x to PAL v2.0.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (PAL@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email PAL@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com