Why PAL reports is missing graphs

Aug 27, 2014 at 12:15 PM
I have more than 20 counters in Perfmon data collection set.

However my PAL report lists Memory Available MBytes and 3 other statistics.

Why other statistics are missing?
Coordinator
Sep 8, 2014 at 10:40 PM
PAL matches the counters in the counter log with the threshold file(s) selected. Counters that don't match are ignored. If you want all of your counters in your counter log to show up in the report, then enable the All Counter Stats feature in the Output Options of the PAL Wizard. The All Counter Stats feature ensures that all counters in the log make it into the report regardless of the threshold file selected.
May 20, 2015 at 1:37 PM
Edited May 20, 2015 at 1:38 PM
Clint,

The selection of "All counter stats" does not seem to be picking up all the stats. If I open a .blg in PerfMon, there are, for example, records for the number of Terminal Server sessions. However, when I run PAL against the same file, using either the wizard or via PowerShell, with a variety of different threshold files, and explicitly check the "Process all of the counters in the counter log(s)" in the "Output Options" tab or include the parameter <-AllCounterStats $True> in the command line, the resultant report does not include the terminal server sessions.

This is using the latest PAL files, 2.7.3, for x86, on a WinSvr2008R2x86 machine. I can provide explicit examples if interested.

Thanks,

Jason