VMware View PCoIP Threshold File

Oct 14, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I found a couple issues with my VMware View PCoIP Threshold File that caused analysis to throw an error: "The variable '$MinWarningThresholdValues' cannot be retrieved because it has not been set. At C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL\PAL.ps1:3685 char:102...."

The linked .xml below fixes the issue. To apply the fix, close PAL, then overwrite your existing threshold in C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL with the attached. Re-launch PAL and run the analysis.

Updated PAL Threshold for VMware Horizon View PCoIP

Clint - please roll this into your next release.

Happy to get feedback on this threshold. I'm still planning to add some real thresholds/alerts to the file, not just explanations in text. Hopefully my time frees up a bit over the next month to complete this!

Josh
Oct 14, 2013 at 6:54 PM
What VMware object/counters are needed?
Oct 14, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I have a listing of all the counters used in this here: VMware Horizon View PAL on VMtoday
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Thanks, Josh. Great! I'll test them out and add them to the next release. Yes, some thresholds would be nice. In the meantime, please try them out using the latest released version of PAL v2.4. Thank you,
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Also, just a reminder that I have a blog entry about how to create threshold files for PAL at http://blogs.technet.com/b/clinth/archive/2013/01/08/how-to-create-a-threshold-file-for-the-pal-tool.aspx. Please let me know if you have questions or want to setup a Microsoft Lync conference call for me to demo how to do it with you. Email me at clinth@microsoft.com if you want to set something up. I'm working from home this week writing my Windows Performance Analysis book, so my schedule is flexible.