will it support more language

May 3, 2013 at 2:48 AM
it's a greate tool!
but it just output report in english, will it support more language?
May 10, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Hi sql_chen,

I'm the only developer of the tool and I can only work on it during my free time. I would love to have support for non-English languages, but I just don't have the resources to make that happen. With that said, I experimented with doing Bing translations of the report files. From what I understand, they work, but the machine translation was correct, aweful from what people have told me.

I can provide any of these localized threshold files to you, but keep in mind that they still require the counter logs to be in English due to the string pattern matching. All of this is certainly possible, but I would need people willing to volunteer their time to work on it. I don't collect any revenue for this project.

With that in mind, what would you think of me adding advertising to this site to generate money towards these efforts?
Jun 20, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Hi ClintH
Is it possible that the information in the registry can be used to handle the language challenge?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\<language-id> contain the id and the text for every performance counter as well as the help-text.
Bytes Received/sec has id 264 and the help-text has id 265
In my registry i got the langage keys 009 (us-eng) and 014 (norwegian). In 014 i am able to find the norwegian translate of counter-id 264 that is "Mottatte byte / sek"
Anyway - its just a thought.
The tool is great!
Jul 10, 2013 at 4:50 AM
You would have to add all of the languages to do that and I've tried. It just isn't practical to do it that way. We do have the Performance Log Translater tool that ships with the PAL project. Just go to downloads and you should see it. It is using XML to covert the counter paths.