Getting an error while running the tool

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Hi,

I ran the tool and provided the performance log.blg which I normally do and at the end I got the following error message:

WARNING: Please post errors or problems with this tool to the PAL web site located at http://www.codeplex.com/PAL with the following error message
and a brief description of what you were trying to do. Thank you.
Index operation failed; the array index evaluated to null.
At C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL\PAL.ps1:3416 char:69
+         $aValue = $htVariables[$XmlGeneratedDataSource.COLLECTIONVARNAME][ <<<< $sKey]
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NullArrayIndex

Please look into this.

Thanks

Meher

Coordinator
Jan 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM

It looks like a problem with the threshold file that you used. The content owner must have not put in acceptable variable names. Which threshold file are you trying to use?

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Hi Clint,

Thanks for your response. I use the Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 threshold file. I uninstalled the old version and installed the new version and the old version does not seem to be having that problem.
Do I need to make any changes on my side for the new version to work? please let me know.

Thanks,

Meher

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 12:19:03 -0800
Subject: Re: Getting an error while running the tool [PAL:429347]

It looks like a problem with the threshold file that you used. The content owner must have not put in acceptable variable names. Which threshold file are you trying to use?
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (PAL@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email PAL@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
Jan 14, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Can you provide the %temp%\PAL.log file and/or the text above the error? It will show me where it was at in processing, so I can narrow it down. It might be a bug in the threshold file itself. Thanks.

Jan 15, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Hi Clint,

Here is the error message from the PAL.log file. I have also attached the log text file here. Its only 58 KB.

Counter data for "9 L:"...Done
WARNING: Please post errors or problems with this tool to the PAL web site located at http://www.codeplex.com/PAL with the following error message
and a brief description of what you were trying to do. Thank you.
Index operation failed; the array index evaluated to null.
At C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL\PAL.ps1:3416 char:69
+ $aValue = $htVariables[$XmlGeneratedDataSource.COLLECTIONVARNAME][ <<<< $sKey]
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NullArrayIndex

Windows PowerShell Transcript End
End time: 20130114174920

Thanks,

Meher

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 14:39:43 -0800
Subject: Re: Getting an error while running the tool [PAL:429347]

Can you provide the %temp%\PAL.log file and/or the text above the error? It will show me where it was at in processing, so I can narrow it down. It might be a bug in the threshold file itself. Thanks.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (PAL@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email PAL@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com