PAL report showing the stopped host instance queue length counters

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM

We are having 2 BizTalk servers A and B which is part of the same BizTalk group. In Server A we have host instance (Test) which is started and in the server B we have the host instance with same name (Test) which is stopped (we have this setup because we need process the records sequentially and in case if server A goes down we can start the host instance manually in Server B)

We ran the performance test and took the PAL report. In both the servers PAL report (A and B) it shows the BizTalk Host Queue Length for the host instance Test.

I am little confused why it shows in both the servers PAL report because the host instance is active in Server A only and stopped in Server B. We are sure that host instance Test in Server B was stopped during the entire performance test.

Please let me why we are seeing this behaviour.

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Hi akarup_78,

Each of the BizTalk servers are getting the counter information from the BizTalkMsgBoxDb database - not from each server specifically. This is why they are showing up on both. The same situation will occur if you record the spool table size on both servers. I have a lot of experience in this area if you have more questions.

Thank you,
Clint Huffman