Error PAL 2.3.2 x86 Windows 7 x86 SP1 RUS (Exception calling "Substring" with "2" argument(s))

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I have an error running PAL 2.3.2.

==========================

C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL>start /LOW /WAIT Powershell -NoProfile ".\PAL.ps1" -Log
 'C:\TEMP\System_Overview2_20120201.blg' -ThresholdFile 'C:\Program Files\PAL\PA
L\SystemOverview.xml' -Interval 'AUTO' -IsOutputHtml $True -HtmlOutputFileName '
[LogFileName]_PAL_ANALYSIS_[DateTimeStamp].htm' -IsOutputXml $False -XmlOutputFi
leName '[LogFileName]_PAL_ANALYSIS_[DateTimeStamp].xml' -AllCounterStats $True -
NumberOfThreads 2 -NumberOfProcessors '4' -ThreeGBSwitch $False -SixtyFourBit $F
alse -TotalMemory '34' -RAID5Drives 'NULL' -RAID1Drives 'C,D'

PAL v2.3.2 (http://www.codeplex.com/PAL)
Written by: Clint Huffman (clinth@microsoft.com) and other contributors.
Last Modified: 07/16/2012 21:47:36
The information and actions by this tool is provided "as is" and is intended for information purposes only. The authors and contributors of this tool take no responsibility for damages or losses incurred by use of this tool.

Your locale is set to: Русский (Россия)
SCRIPT ARGUMENTS:
-Log C:\TEMP\System_Overview2_20120201.blg
-ThresholdFile C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL\SystemOverview.xml
-Interval AUTO
-OutputDir [My Documents]\PAL Reports
-IsOutputHtml True
-HtmlOutputFileName [LogFileName]_PAL_ANALYSIS_[DateTimeStamp].htm
-AllCounterStats True
-IsOutputXml False
-XmlOutputFileName [LogFileName]_PAL_ANALYSIS_[DateTimeStamp].xml
-BeginTime
-EndTime

Exception calling "Substring" with "2" argument(s): "Index and length must refe
r to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length"
C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL\PAL.ps1:4461 знак:2
+     $FirstChar = $RetVal.SubString(0,1)
+     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordE
   xception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Is it possible to run PAL without changing locale?

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Hi fx_55,

Well, it is certainly possible to run PAL in a non-English locale, but there are a lot more problems that we run into especially with the counter paths in the log not matching the counter paths in the threshold files. You will need to bypass the GlobalizationCheck() function which forces an English-US locale. I really didn't want to put that check in there, but it just seemed too diffcult to work with other languages because I can't properly test with them. Please keep in mind that I am the only developer of this tool and it is not part of my day job. I am hoping the open source community can assist with this.

Thank you,