analysis progress is consuming the time and CPU resources

Nov 27, 2012 at 8:59 PM

hi

i executed pal program and all missions have been successfully passed except analysis progress....It is very time consuming....what should i do ? my CPU temp jumped to 80 C.

take look to the screenshot:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2A1DC26B0896663F!460&authkey=!ANZiovGbNOWZnhE

thanks

Nov 28, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I don't know what Clint's answer will be, but I know that the code is cpu intensive. But, that problem should not ne unique to PAL. If you have anything else that is cpu intensive the processor temperature should reflect the same results.

Thanks!

Ken

Nov 28, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Edited Nov 28, 2012 at 3:33 PM

thanks ken for answer.

finally PAL did it's job successfully.

but another question is very simple...please don't mock me. what means threshold ?

For example, in this sentence =  When available memory falls below a threshold, pages are trimmed from Working Sets more frequently than when not in a low available memory condition.

sorry for my bad english.

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:40 PM

A threshold is a value set that you don't want to cross. In the case of memory we don't want the number of available pages to get below a certain range or there may be too few to service the demand, or things start to slow down or crash. This is one situation where you can see low cpu and lots of i/o becasue it is paging very frequently.

Different OS'es have different algorithms for how they manage memory pages. It can be a very interesting research topic :-). If you are interested look up Mark Russnovich's WIndows Internals books (yes there are two of them now!)

Thanks!
Ken

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Correct. I left the text generic like that "a threshold" because the details of when a global working trim is initiated is adjusted between the versions of the operating system. It's a complex topic to discuss even in an instructor led class.

Thanks again, Ken (kabaker55)!