Trouble with French language

Oct 15, 2008 at 6:04 PM
    Hello Everybody,
great great tool, it's work fine with my english system but i encountered an error with French system.
I read all the discussion about the way to use PAL with other language, so i edit the systemoverview.xml file, and try to replace english counter with french counter. But for some of them it doesen't work
for exemple :
\system\context switch /s in french give \Système\Changements de contexte/s
when i launch pal tool i have a .net framework error "invalid character in the given encoding. Line 209, position 86", at this line we can find "è" (from "système"), if i replace "é" by "e" there's no error (but my counters are not find during Analyse..)
How can i add French counter to work with PAL.
Thanks
Laurent

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2008 at 1:01 AM

PAL is comparing the counter path strings defined in the threshold files which are in English. There is a Perfmon log translation tool that translates the counter names in the perfmon log to English, so they match the threshold file. I'm working to get it published on this site as well for all to use, but it only works for base OS counters and only with a few languages. 

Other users have had success translating all of the counter paths in the threshold files to their respective language and it works. This is the better, long term solution, but it's a matter of having folks do the translations.