Graphs not generating correctly

Jun 8, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Hello,

I've noticed the graphs are not labeled vertically with the response times from logical disk read and write latency. Has anybody else seen this?

Thanks,

Mark

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2012 at 5:52 AM

Yes, this seems to only happen when more than 1 thread is used during the processing. I honetly have no idea why this is occuring other than maybe the MS Chart controls are not thread safe. I'm open to any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this issue. In the meantime, I know it works reliably when you use a single thread (original behavior).

Jun 26, 2012 at 6:43 AM
ClintH wrote:

Yes, this seems to only happen when more than 1 thread is used during the processing. I honetly have no idea why this is occuring other than maybe the MS Chart controls are not thread safe. I'm open to any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this issue. In the meantime, I know it works reliably when you use a single thread (original behavior).

Hi Clint

I use, for the momet, the 2.1 version of PAl and I have also the problem of vertical label, so I'm not sure that the multi threading is involved.

Jo

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2012 at 3:40 AM

Thanks for the info, jojodis. Do you have a way of reproducing the problem? I can only seem to reproduce it when I use multi-threading. Is the problem consistent with all of your counter logs? Are you using CSV for BLG counter logs? Thank you.

Jun 27, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Edited Jun 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Hi

I can reproduce the problem. Here you have the link to an example.

Pb on PALhttp://data.imagup.com/11/1155451933.jpg

I use BLG counter logs. But the problem not appear in all my graphs, it seems appear only on the graphs that the maximum is not over 1. On this example we can see that the maximum is 0.059

I hope this informations can help you.

Jo

http://www.imagup.com/data/1155451933.html

Jul 19, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Hi

I update this day PAL on my computer. Now i have the 2.3.2 version.

I was thinking that the problème of the scale graphe was corrected. But I still having the problem.

Nothing critial, I just want to inform you. May the problem due to the Microsoft Chart Controls ?

Thanks for your work Clint

JO

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Really? I spent a lot of time fixing that bug. :-(

Can you check the modification date of the PalAnalyze.ps1 file? Make sure it is July 11th.

Jul 23, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Hi.

I made a new test this morning.  And I verify the date

C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL>dir *.ps1
 Le volume dans le lecteur C s'appelle PSAv4
 Le numéro de série du volume est 773D-6521

Répertoire de C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL

16/07/2012  21:47           238 041 PAL.ps1
11/07/2012  17:09           111 112 PalAnalyze.ps1
               2 fichier(s)          349 153 octets
               0 Rép(s)  147 920 793 600 octets libres

C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL>

The command I ran

Powershell ".\PAL.ps1" -Log 'C:\TEMP\YLAV0500\YLAV0500mmr_perfmon_2012061800005200.blg' -ThresholdFile 'C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL\SystemOverview.xml' -Interval 'AUTO' -IsOutputHtml $True -HtmlOutputFileName '[LogFileName]_PAL_ANALYSIS_[DateTimeStamp].htm' -IsOutputXml $False -XmlOutputFileName '[LogFileName]_PAL_ANALYSIS_[DateTimeStamp].xml' -AllCounterStats $False -NumberOfThreads 1 -NumberOfProcessors '1' -ThreeGBSwitch $False -SixtyFourBit $False -TotalMemory '2' -RAID5Drives 'NULL' -RAID1Drives 'NULL'

For me it's not realy a problem because we have the figures in a table behind the graphiques. In my opinion this problem is due to a counter that does not exceed the value 1.

Jo