Worth using Issue tracker

May 29, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Edited May 29, 2012 at 12:47 AM

My question is is it worthwhile people reporting bugs using the issue tracker for PAL?  There are around 200 items there, but not a single one has been looked at by the developer this year, yet questions in the discussion page are quickly responded to. If the preferred method is just to create a discussion item, could you remove the issue tracker for this project or put an announcement somewhere to not use it?

It would save everyone wasting time thinking their bug reports are going somewhere useful. I understand maintaining that issues list would be a complete pain when we'd rather just see new awesome versions of PAL, so can it be ditched and the issues moved to the discussion area? 

Coordinator
May 29, 2012 at 4:58 AM

Hi Splark,

Actually, I do pay attention to the issue tracker and answer the questions posted there. I try to answer as much as I can, but please understand that I am the only creator/developer of the tool and working on this tool (many people contribute, but only here and there) and maintaining the work item posts are not part of my day job, and I don't get paid for the work - it is strictly a volunteer effort.

In any case, you are right, I will make the effort to go through the work items and close out the issues that are no longer relavent or solved. I apologize for not keeping up on this. If it is any consolation, I tried going to the work items the other day, but the site was having some trouble. It seems to be working now.

If you have anything urgent, then please feel free to email me directly at clinth@microsoft.com though I prefer to keep it on this discussion forum for everyone to see though.

Thank you,
-Clint