EDT DateTime Conversion Issues with PAL

Apr 11, 2012 at 4:12 PM

When I get to the generating charts step (using PAL v2.2.1 x86), I'm getting this error:

Generating Charts.WARNING: Please post errors or problems with this tool to the PAL web sitelocated at http://www.codeplex.com/PAL with the following error message and abrief description of what you were trying to do. Thank you.Cannot convert value "(PDH-CSV 4.0) (Eastern Daylight Time)(240)" to type "System.DateTime". Error: "String was not recognized as a valid DateTime."At C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL\PAL.ps1:1394 char:28+                 $dtDateTime <<<<  = $aDateTimes[$b]    + CategoryInfo          : MetadataError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecord   Exception    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : RuntimeException

I ran a new clean perfmon as a test from another machine in EDT and it shows the same details - (PDH-CSV 4.0) (Eastern Daylight Time)(240). Any ideas on how to get this fixed?

The logs I'm analyzing are just from 4/1/2012 through now, so I'm going to try manipulating that time zone notation to see if it makes any difference..

Help!

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2012 at 3:55 AM

It looks like it is trying to parse the first line of the CSV file as a data row when it is supposed to treat it as a colunm header row. Open the CSV file in notepad and ensure that the (PDH-CSV 4.0) line is the very first line and that all subsequent lines are data lines. If it looks fine, then send me the CSV file and I can debug it.