Type Mismatch: TimeValue

Sep 4, 2008 at 5:04 PM
I've been trying to use PAL to analyze the BLG created by the Exchange 2007 Performance Troubleshooter, but each time it dies with a "Type Mismatch: TimeValue" error. Here are the last few lines displayed:

Done determining if counters are in the Perfmon log.
Organizing data structures. Please wait...
Done organizing data structures.
Using Relog.exe to create a temporary perfmon log with only counters being analyzed...
C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL v1.3.3\PAL.vbs(4923, 5) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Type mismatch: 'TimeValue'

The standard performance troubleshooter only runs for a few minutes, so there can't be much data in the BLG file. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2008 at 8:18 PM
My apologies. I think I made a mistake in the latest bug fix to the Date Time Restriction feature. I didn't check to see if the begin time and end time restrictions are nothing or not, therefore if you are not using data time restriction, then it would fail to process a blank value as a date time. I fixed it and posted v1.3.3.1. No need to reinstall since only the PAL.vbs file was updated. You can download the updated PAL.vbs file from the release page at: http://www.codeplex.com/PAL/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=16807
Sep 8, 2008 at 12:10 PM
thanks ClintH!