The Source Code for PAL

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2008 at 6:42 AM
It was recently brought to my attention that I am not providing the source code for PAL on this open source web site.

I would like to remind everyone that the PAL tool is a VBScript called PAL.vbs. Scripts are text files and therefore open source. I tried to check it into the Source Code tab in this project, but the learning curve for adding code seems to be higher than the effort I willing to put into it. I spoke to the CodePlex.com program managers and they are working on a simpler code checking solution, so I'm looking forward to using it when it comes out.

The PAL user interface is written in VB.NET, but it's just a glorified batch file creator for the script. Since creating batch files for a script isn't the focus of this project, I don't generally post the source for it. With that said, if there is enough demand for it, I'll post it.

Also, keep in mind that if the PAL.vbs script fails, then try running it with the //X argument like, "CScript //X PAL.vbs ...". This will prompt it to run in a debugger. My favorite is Visual Studio 2005, but there are other script debuggers out there.

Anyway, thanks for your support!