Citrix Presentation Server 4.5

May 28, 2008 at 9:23 AM
Hi,

I cannot express how greatful I am for this tool !! Great job... please keep up the good work.

I'm an Infrastructure Engineer for a large property firm and we use Citrix Terminal Servers (CPS 4.5) as our primary work horse. I'm not sure if you are experienced in this field, but I'm sure everyone will agree with me here that it and absolute B|*#$h to troubleshoot!? PAL is great but I'm really stuggling with thesholds for our Terminal Servers.

The idea of terminal servers has bent all the rules and really makes the troubleshooting process a nightmare.

We use a range of HP hardware (DL360's G43, G4, G4p) and around 100 servers with about 30 users connected to each.

Has anybody created a threshold file for Terminal Servers? I had to tweak the System Overview one to get it to compile properly. I had to strip out all references to Process as there is far too much data to compile for a perfmon of 10 seconds. It took 1.5 hours to compile a 10 sec perfmon of one of the TS's.

Thanks,

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2008 at 7:10 AM

No one has came forward to create a Terminal Services threshold file. I'll check with my team and see if anyone is willing to put forth the effort. Can you send me what you have so far? My email address is clinth@microsoft.com. Thanks!

Sylex22 wrote:
Hi,

I cannot express how greatful I am for this tool !! Great job... please keep up the good work.

I'm an Infrastructure Engineer for a large property firm and we use Citrix Terminal Servers (CPS 4.5) as our primary work horse. I'm not sure if you are experienced in this field, but I'm sure everyone will agree with me here that it and absolute B|*#$h to troubleshoot!? PAL is great but I'm really stuggling with thesholds for our Terminal Servers.

The idea of terminal servers has bent all the rules and really makes the troubleshooting process a nightmare.

We use a range of HP hardware (DL360's G43, G4, G4p) and around 100 servers with about 30 users connected to each.

Has anybody created a threshold file for Terminal Servers? I had to tweak the System Overview one to get it to compile properly. I had to strip out all references to Process as there is far too much data to compile for a perfmon of 10 seconds. It took 1.5 hours to compile a 10 sec perfmon of one of the TS's.

Thanks,

Jun 22, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Clint,

I wanted to follow up to see if there's been further discussion on a TS perfmon template for PAL? Thanks.

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2009 at 2:51 AM

PAL does not have a perfmon template for Terminal Services nor does it have a threshold file.

Unfortunately, no one has stepped up to create a threshold file for TS for PAL.

Continue to use the System Overview (general operating system) threshold file until someone steps up to do a TS threshold file.