PAL not able to generate reports.

May 18, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Hi,

I have a Windows 2008 Server R2 running Hyper V Role.This is running a 64 Bit of Windows Operating System

I have exported the PAL Threshold file into Perfmon Counter Template file.The file is in a XML format. The threshold file exported is  Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 HyperV

I create a new Data Collector on Windows Server 2008 R2 using this template.

I ran the collector for 1 hour , collected the blg file and inputting this file into PAL for analysis.

PAL is running on 32 bit Windows 2003 R2 operating system.

After clicking on the execute button , a command windows opens show the execution of scripts. but it gets stuck at a particular point and deos not move ahead.

I tried opening this blg file manually in perfmon but it does not  show anything and shows up as Not responding in task manager.

I installed PAL on Windows XP Service Pack 3 machine but there also I get this error Unable to use the log file.

If I try opening the blg file on XP I get the error "blg file is invalid.The data source contains fewer than two data samples.

Please help.

Coordinator
May 27, 2011 at 1:17 AM

The counter log format changed in Windows Vista/Windows Server 2008 and newer - meaning if you record a counter log on a Windows Server 2008 R2 computer, then you must analyze it with Perfmon or PAL on a Windows Vista/2008 or newer operating system.