Attempted to divide by zero

May 16, 2011 at 3:00 PM

I am a newbie using PAL. I got CSV files collected quite sometime ago. I want to analyze them with PAL.

I just select one and use next, next next....

I got "Attempted to divide by zero."

not cool!!!

Can anybody have a clue?

PAL v2.0.6 ( by: Clint Huffman ( and other contributors.Last Modified: 01/19/2011 12:46:40The information and actions by this tool is provided "as is" and is intended for information purposes only. The authors and contributors of this tool take no responsibility for damages or losses incurred by use of this tool.
Your locale is set to: English (United States)SCRIPT ARGUMENTS:-Log C:\Documents and Settings\afisroot\Desktop\Windows Server Performances\ws02Log_000002.csv-ThresholdFile C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL v2.0.7\SystemOverview.xml-Interval AUTO-OutputDir [My Documents]\PAL Reports-IsOutputHtml True-HtmlOutputFileName [LogFileName]_PAL_ANALYSIS_[DateTimeStamp].htm-AllCounterStats False-IsOutputXml False-XmlOutputFileName [LogFileName]_PAL_ANALYSIS_[DateTimeStamp].xml-BeginTime-EndTime

Creating session working directory...Creating directory "C:\DOCUME~1\afisroot\LOCALS~1\Temp\{c8543e50-d24c-4b17-a0c3-3b9894b27a43}"Creating directory "C:\Documents and Settings\afisroot\My Documents\PAL Reports\"

Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\afisroot\My Documents

Mode                LastWriteTime     Length Name----                -------------     ------ ----d----         5/16/2011   4:41 PM            PAL ReportsCreating file "C:\Documents and Settings\afisroot\My Documents\PAL Reports\ws02Log_000002_PAL_ANALYSIS_2011-05-16_16-41-40.htm"Creating directory "C:\Documents and Settings\afisroot\My Documents\PAL Reports\ws02Log_000002_PAL_ANALYSIS_2011-05-16_16-41-40\"
Threshold File Load History:C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL v2.0.7\SystemOverview.xmlQuickSystemOverview.xml
Generating the counter list to filter on...DoneRemoving duplicate counter expressions from counter list...Done
Number Of Counter Instances In Perfmon Log: 117
Processing: Process Private Bytes
Processing: Process Handle Count
Processing: Process Thread Count
Processing: Process Working Set
Processing: Process Percent Processor Time
Processing: Process Virtual Bytes
Processing: Process IO Data Operations/sec
Processing: Process IO Other Operations/sec
Processing: Memory Available MBytes
Processing: Processor % Processor Time        Time data (one time only)...Done        Counter data for "0"...Done        Auto analysis interval (one time only)...Done        Quantized index (one time only)...WARNING: Please post errors or problems with this tool to the PAL web sitelocated at with the following error message and abrief description of what you were trying to do. Thank you.Attempted to divide by zero.At C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL v2.0.7\PAL.ps1:1969 char:52+         $iNumberOfIntervals = $ArrayOfTimes.Count / <<<<  $global:NumberOfValuesPerTimeSlice    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordE   xception    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : RuntimeException

May 27, 2011 at 1:14 AM

There is a rare condition where it might return 0 for that, but it would only happen if there is very little if any data in the counter log or if the counter log was recorded in a non-English language.