Property 'Count' error

Jan 24, 2011 at 1:03 PM

I'm using v2.0.6 and have tried running it on a UK and US locale Win 7 x64 machine but i'm still getting the same error:

Generating the HTML Report...WARNING: Please post errors or problems with this t
ool to the PAL web site
located at http://www.codeplex.com/PAL with the following error message and a
brief description of what you were trying to do. Thank you.

Property 'Count' cannot be found on this object. Make sure that it exists.
At C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL v2.0.6\PAL.ps1:4435 char:43
+         For ($t=0;$t -lt $alQuantizedTime. <<<< Count;$t++)
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (.:OperatorToken) [], ParentCo
   ntainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PropertyNotFoundStrict

Jan 24, 2011 at 1:51 PM

If i turn strict mode off, I get the following error:

Method invocation failed because [System.String] doesn't contain a method named
 'GetUpperBound'.
At C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL v2.0.6\PAL.ps1:4350 char:27
+     $u = $aTime.GetUpperBound <<<< (0)
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (GetUpperBound:String) [], Par
   entContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : MethodNotFound

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Are you able to open the performance counter log in Performance Monitor? If yes, then please send me your counter log and I'll debug this. My email address is clinth@microsoft.com. Thank you.

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:13 PM

I'm receiving the same error message when attempting to generate the HTML report on a disk counter.  I am able to open the counter log in PerfMon.

Were you able to resolve the issue?  If not I'll send you a copy of my counter log.

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:22 PM

hey tQuarella,

I haven't used it for a while so i've forgotten the option, but in one of the tabs I believe is to include all counters..you need to tick that as far as i remember.

Coordinator
Mar 28, 2011 at 10:59 PM

I've seen this error happen when only the "_Total" instance is captured in the counter log. PAL specifically excludes the analysis of the _Total instance because it averages all of the disk values and is effectively useless. This leads to confusion of when you have collected disk counters (only the _Total instance) yet PAL is unable to produce results. Try collection all counter instances "\LogicalDisk(*)\*" in the counter log and try again.

May 12, 2011 at 1:51 PM

I'm getting the same error. I'm sure it is something wrong with my counter file. I've posted an issue with tracker number 20743.