Property 'Count' error

Jan 24, 2011 at 1:03 PM

I'm using v2.0.6 and have tried running it on a UK and US locale Win 7 x64 machine but i'm still getting the same error:

Generating the HTML Report...WARNING: Please post errors or problems with this t
ool to the PAL web site
located at with the following error message and a
brief description of what you were trying to do. Thank you.

Property 'Count' cannot be found on this object. Make sure that it exists.
At C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL v2.0.6\PAL.ps1:4435 char:43
+         For ($t=0;$t -lt $alQuantizedTime. <<<< Count;$t++)
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (.:OperatorToken) [], ParentCo
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PropertyNotFoundStrict

Jan 24, 2011 at 1:51 PM

If i turn strict mode off, I get the following error:

Method invocation failed because [System.String] doesn't contain a method named
At C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL v2.0.6\PAL.ps1:4350 char:27
+     $u = $aTime.GetUpperBound <<<< (0)
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (GetUpperBound:String) [], Par
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : MethodNotFound

Jan 26, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Are you able to open the performance counter log in Performance Monitor? If yes, then please send me your counter log and I'll debug this. My email address is Thank you.

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:13 PM

I'm receiving the same error message when attempting to generate the HTML report on a disk counter.  I am able to open the counter log in PerfMon.

Were you able to resolve the issue?  If not I'll send you a copy of my counter log.

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:22 PM

hey tQuarella,

I haven't used it for a while so i've forgotten the option, but in one of the tabs I believe is to include all need to tick that as far as i remember.

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:59 PM

I've seen this error happen when only the "_Total" instance is captured in the counter log. PAL specifically excludes the analysis of the _Total instance because it averages all of the disk values and is effectively useless. This leads to confusion of when you have collected disk counters (only the _Total instance) yet PAL is unable to produce results. Try collection all counter instances "\LogicalDisk(*)\*" in the counter log and try again.

May 12, 2011 at 1:51 PM

I'm getting the same error. I'm sure it is something wrong with my counter file. I've posted an issue with tracker number 20743.