Automating PAL report generation

Dec 24, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Hi Clinth,

First of all Hats of to this wornderful tool,

I am in the process of automating the Report generation using PAL & luckily i read your discussion on the following link

http://pal.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=208571

But i need few details.

1. Can i schedule this as a .bat file

2. I am currently running this report for 4 front end servers using IIS threshold file & for 2 SQL database server using the SQL threshold file, is it possibile to automate in such a way that every day it fetches the particular file from the server and run the .bat file and also it should copy the output html folder to respective folders. Is it possible please advice.

Thanks

VJ

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Hi VJ,

Yes to both questions. The PAL tool is really a PowerShell script file named PAL.ps1. It takes a lot of parameters, so I wrote the VB.NET wizard to make it easier to use. The GUI wizard creates a batch file in the %temp% directory called {GUID}_RunPAL.bat, so after you run the wizard, take a look at your %temp% folder to see the batch file it created.

The OutputDir parameter determines where the output goes.

Thank you,

Aug 14 at 11:19 PM
Hi - Can I confirm where the Batch file is meant to be ? I have gone to C:\temp and could not find one - have checked C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL\ also and no luck.

Thanks
Gavin
Coordinator
Sep 8 at 10:37 PM
No, sorry. The batch file is hard coded to go to your %temp% directory. There is no other place it should be at. An example of the last on created on my system is at %temp%{e1a17ddf-9c15-4183-8f12-94f5bc8f04b5}_RunPAL.bat.