Creating New Custom Threshold Template and upload into PAL v2.0.5

Dec 19, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Hi All,

I am working as SharePoint administrator, this is my first post in codeplex hope I will get answer for Query. Today I come to know about PAL Tool to analyze performance monitor log (.blg) where it looks like to be very candy when seen examples, also many of the blogs preferring this tool. I am also checked this one and results are very good. I want to create one custom threshold template, upload it into tool. I am not seeing exact steps in any of the site and here, so can anyone tell me the steps of creating new file and how to use it into tool. I want one threshold file template with following counters, waiting for prompt response. Thanks in advance.

Counters:

"\.NET CLR Exception(*)\*"

"\.NET CLR Loading(*)\*"

"\.NET CLR Memory(*)\*"

"\.NET CLR Networking(*)\*"

"\.NET Data Provider for SqlServer(*)\*"

"\ASP.NET Apps v2.0.50727(*)\*"

"\ASP.NET v2.0.50727\*"

"\ASP.NET(*)\*"

"\LogicalDisk(*)\*"

"\Memory\*"

"\PhysicalDisk(*)\*"

"\Process(*)\*"

"\Processor(*)\*"

"\SharePoint Publishing Cache(*)\*"

"\Web Service Cache\*"

"\Web Service(*)\*"

Jan 10, 2011 at 6:31 AM

Hi,

Did you get any reply for customizing the threshold template file ?

Thanks

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Most if not all of those counters are covered in the SharePoint threshold files. Why do you want to create a custom threshold file?

Admittedly, I have not documented the creation of custom threshold files yet. Please reply to this forum thread for more help. If urgent, then email me at clinth@microsoft.com.

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:01 AM

0. Clint, thanks for your helpful tool.

I have two related questions:

1. I'm currently looking to collect some baseline performance data for a 2-node farm of Windows SharePoint Services servers.  Is the 'Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007' threshold file that ships along with PALv2 an OK, or should I look to find (or author) a WSS-specific threshold file?

2. Has the above-mentioned documentation on authoring a custom threshold file been published?

Thanks,
Nathan