How long should it take to run?

Nov 15, 2010 at 10:30 PM

I installed PAL today because I need to analyze two perfmon .blg files.  They each have 8 counters.  One is about 15 MB, the other is about 13 MB.  I started the PAL application about 3 hours ago, went through the wizard and it appears to have started to process the data.  It is sitting at a line that says: "Quantizing "1 D:" for Avg, Min, Max, and Trend values..." and has been sitting there for about 2 1/2 hours.  Powershell is consistently using 49-50% of CPU, I've shut off all non-essential services to free up as much RAM or CPU as possible.  Is this normal?  Should it be taking this long to run?  I looked at the log file it created and it just shows what I see in the CMD window.  I don't want to stop it since it seems like powershell is doing something but I can't find any information as to what the typical run time is for that size of a log file.

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Hi Hallocje,

Sorry for the delayed response.

No, it shouldn't be taking that long to process the counter log - especially for logs that small. Can you provide more information about the threshold file you are using and where the counter log was captured?

Keep in mind that logs captured on Vista/2008 or above can only be processed on Vista/2008 computers or above.