Missing gif's. . .

Mar 4, 2008 at 9:26 PM
All:

My reports look great, but I'm missing the gif files. The placeholder is there on the html, but they are not in the directory to be displayed.

I have Log Parser 2.2, .NET 3.0, and OWC11. Could Office 2007 be fouling it up?

Thanks!
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2008 at 3:18 AM
There can be a lot of causes of this. First try out the latest version of PAL. If you specified an output directory, then make sure it is somewhere on your desktop or somewhere under your My Documents folder otherwise, PAL gets a silent access denied. If it still doesn't work, then send me the latest {GUID}PAL.log file in your %temp% directory.

No, Office 2007 is safe. Unfortunately, Log Parser only uses OWC11.

Hantra wrote:
All:

My reports look great, but I'm missing the gif files. The placeholder is there on the html, but they are not in the directory to be displayed.

Thanks!

Mar 5, 2008 at 4:19 PM
I am dumping them into My Documents using the latest non-beta version. I sent my log.

Thanks Clint!

ClintH wrote:
If it still doesn't work, then send me the latest {GUID}PAL.log file in your %temp% directory.

Coordinator
Mar 5, 2008 at 8:02 PM
I just found the cause by someone who send me their log with the exact same problem. I don't know if it was you or not, but thought I'd post the results:

Somehow a space found it’s way into the SELECT statement for the chart generation:
C:\DOCUME~1\xxxx\MYDOCU~1\PAL Reports\PerfWizPERFMONLOGANALYSISDate2008-03-0417-12-43PM\ProcessorPercentProcessorTime_0.gif

Log Parser’s SQL syntax is supposed to allow quotes around these strings to allow for spaces in the path name, but it’s a bug in Log Parser right now. This path was supposed to be converted by PAL to its short name path (8.3 name) similar to the “C:\DOCUME~1\riley\MYDOCU~1” part of the string. I’m surprised I didn’t catch this because the PAL Reports directory is the default output directory. In any case, you could try the latest v1.3 Beta 3 release which should work. I just checked the log on v1.3 Beta 3 and it converts the entire path to a short name path and works.

Hantra wrote:
All:

Thanks!

Mar 5, 2008 at 8:45 PM
Clint:

That was me. I just ran Beta 3. Same result. So I just changed the folder to one with a shortname. That works fine.

Thanks!!!!