Error when processing 'ALL'

Jun 30, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Hi,

Just experimenting with v2.0 Beta 1.1.

Tried to process a log file that I had deliberately configured with infrequent (10 minute) sample interval so that there wouldn't be huge amounts of data for the tool to chew through.  Since I had already effectively sliced up my .BLG file, I used the -internal 'ALL' setting, but recieved the following:

I'm mostly just passing back testing info, as I found that I could work around this by selecting a 10 minute interval in the PAL wizard, but would be interested to hear if there's a fix for this in case I need it in future.

Cheers,

Nathan

Processing: % Network Utilization
        Time data (one time only)...Done
        Counter data for "HP NC373i Multifunction Gigabit Server Adapter _2"...D
one
        Quantized index (one time only)...WARNING: Please post errors or problem
s with this tool to the PAL web site
located at http://www.codeplex.com/PAL with the following error message and a
brief description of what you were trying to do. Thank you.
Cannot convert argument "0", with value: "ALL", for "AddSeconds" to type "Syste
m.Double": "Cannot convert value "ALL" to type "System.Double". Error: "Input s
tring was not in a correct format.""
At C:\Program Files\PAL\PAL v2.0 Beta 1.1\PAL.ps1:1796 char:40
+     $dTimeCursor = $dTimeCursor.AddSeconds <<<< ($AnalysisIntervalInSeconds)
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordE
   xception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : MethodArgumentConversionInvalidCastArgument

Jul 2, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Hi Nathan

Clint and I have talked about this option and are considering removing it as the analysis doesn't really mean anything if you do 'all' average, max and min are all the same. The new version plots all the data points on the charts anyway so you don't need to use 'all' to just get charts with all the data on them.

JonnyG