CommandLine available for auto the analysis

Apr 7, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Excellent tool.  Just wonder whether commandline is available for automatically generate reports instead of clicking the buttion each time.

thanks, Lan

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:20 AM

Thank you. I am glad you like the tool.

Yes, the PAL tool engine is really a script. The wizard is just a glorified batch file creator. You will find the batch files in the %temp% directory. You can copy the text at the end of the Wizard and modify it on your own.

Apr 27, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Yeah, it works. I am now trying use Powershell pulling perf log and recursively process the data. Fantasitc tool, love it and recommend to my colleage as well. He is using it for his DFS server.

Looking forward to new relase .

Jun 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Everytime I I try to copy and execute the batch file command (from under %tmp% directory) in windows command line tool, I get "Path not found" error. Thought the same script runs fine from GUI. I am using x64 and I have tried changing the default script processor to cscript (as used by PAL 1.3.6), but in vain.

On a related note, I had also tried v. 2.0, which uses Powershell, but in the case it kept failing due to spaces in PAL installation directory. I had tried using '&', ii and other syntax to overcome the problem but again without any luck. Any pointers to resolve these issues will be appreciated.

Jun 21, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Hi mishrapiyush,

In my haste to get Beta 1 out for TechEd 2010, I accidentally introduced a bug in PAL v2.0 Beta 1 that would prevent it from running although it is still odd to me why it broke - should have worked. In any case, I fixed it and it is in the latest build PAL v2.0 Beta 1.1 at

Thank you,